Monday, February 2, 2009

Splurge on these: Susan's Peanut Butter Brownies

My step-mom made these for us when we visited her and my dad last summer, and they were so delicious I had to have the recipe. I'm sharing it with all of you, and if you like peanut butter, you have GOT to try making these!
Ingredients:
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour, sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Topping:
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup chopped peanuts
Directions:
Cream peanut butter, butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture with peanuts. Mix well.
Spread batter evenly in buttered 9x13x2" pan. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
For topping, combine sugar, butter, milk and honey in saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook slowly for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add peanuts. Let cool, then spread on warm brownies. Makes 48 small squares.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Oh man, these look So good! My mom's birthday is tomorrow - I think I'm going to make these for her! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Priscilla said...

Ooohhh, yay! I hope you guys love them as much as I do! (I'm a total nut-lover!) And Happy Birthday to your mom!!